CIBCB20202020 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology.
October 27-29, 2020 – Fully virtual Conference
IEEE CIBCB 2020
The IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (IEEE CIBCB) has become a major technical event in the field of Computational Intelligence (CI) and its application to problems in bioinformatics, computational biology, and biomedical engineering. IEEE CIBCB 2020 provides a global forum for academic and industrial scientists from computer science, biology, chemistry, medicine, mathematics, statistics, and engineering, to discuss and present their latest research findings from theory to applications.
Due to COVID-19, the conference has moved to FULLY VIRTUAL!
Registration fees will be updated.
Please visit this webpage periodically for more updates.
- Special sessions proposals
17 January 2020
17 April 2020
- Tutorial proposals
21 February 2020
- Paper submission
1 May 2020
15 May 2020
3 July 2020
- Late-breaking abstract sub.
15 July 2020
- Paper acceptance notification
31 July 2020
7 August 2020
- Final paper submission and early registration deadline
28 August 2020
4 September 2020
CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers for IEEE CIBCB 2020 should be submitted electronically through the Conference website at https://cibcb2020.uai.cl, and will be refereed by experts in the fields and ranked based on the criteria of originality, significance, quality and clarity. IEEE CIBCB 2020 will consider computational intelligence and general approaches applied to the following topics of interest (but are not limited to):
- Evolution, phylogeny, comparative genomics
- Gene expression array analysis
- Metabolic pathway analysis
- MicroRNA analysis
- Molecular sequence alignment and analysis
- Pattern recognition, data mining, optimization methods in Bioinformatics
- Visualization of large biological data sets
- Computational Biology
- Systems and synthetic biology
- Structure prediction and folding
- Modelling, simulation, and optimization of biological systems
- Biological network reconstruction, robustness, evolvability
- Biomedical Engineering, Bioprocessing and Healthcare Informatics
- Medical imaging and pattern recognition
- Biomedical data modelling, data mining, model parametrization
- Parallel, high performance computing
- Big data analysis and tools for biological and medical data
- Biomarker discovery and development
- Health data acquisition, analysis, mining
- Healthcare information systems, knowledge representation, reasoning
- Personalized medicine and treatment optimization
- Biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- Closed-loop optimization methods, platforms
CALL FOR SPECIAL SESSION PROPOSALS
IEEE CIBCB 2020 solicits proposals for special sessions within the technical scope of the conference. Special session proposals should include the session title, a brief description of the scope, contact information and brief CV of the organizers. Inquiries regarding special session proposals should be addressed to the Special Session Chair, Joseph Brown, email: email@example.com
CALL FOR TUTORIALS
IEEE CIBCB 2020 will feature tutorials covering fundamental and advanced topics in computational intelligence and its application to problems within the scope of the conference. A tutorial proposal should include title, outline, enrollment, and presenter/organizer biography. Inquiries regarding tutorial proposals should be addressed to the Tutorial Chair, Wendy Ashlock, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gonzalo A. Ruz (Chile)
Richard Allmendinger (UK)
Pedro Balbi de Oliveira (Brazil)
Miguel Carrasco (Chile)
Alex Di Genova (France)
María Josefina Poupin (Chile)
Marco Montalva (Chile)
Daniel Ashlock (Canada)
Sansanee Auephanwiriyakul (Thailand)
Doris Sáez (Chile)
Wendy Ashlock (Canada)
Sheridan Houghten (Canada)
Pedro Montealegre (Chile)
Special Session Chair
Joseph A. Brown (Russia)
Sebastián Moreno (Chile)
Prospective authors are invited to submit papers of no more than eight (8) pages in IEEE conference format, including results, figures and references. Papers must be in PDF and written in English. Detailed instructions and templates for preparing your manuscripts can be found here.
At maximum, two additional pages are permitted with over-length page charge of US$100/page, to be paid during author registration.
Each paper will be peer-reviewed. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper at the conference.
All papers and late-breaking abstracts should be submitted via the EasyChair online submission system.
IEEE Member Rates: IEEE members can register at reduced rates. IEEE members are those holding current membership in the IEEE. Non-IEEE members are those without current membership in this organization.
Student Rates: Proof of current student status must be provided at time of registration.
All quantities are in US dollars. Fees include all applicable taxes.
Each accepted paper must be accompanied by a full (non-student) registration to be included in the proceedings. Each full registration covers a maximum of two papers (or one paper and one late-breaking abstract).
Diagonal las torres 2640, Peñalolén, Santiago, Chile